You might like
You are in:
- Bean Salad
This is a really simple and quick salad to make, and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and chopped
- 400g can black eye beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g can cannellini beans
- 25g fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsps fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Drain the beans in a colander and rinse thoroughly with cold, filtered water and set aside.
- Quarter the pepper and remove the seeds.
- Place the pepper pieces skin side up on foil on a grill pan and grill until blackened (10 - 15 minutes).
- When the pepper has cooled sufficiently, remove the skin.
- Chop up the pepper into small pieces and add to a large salad bowl.
- Add the beans to the dish with the other ingredients.
- Chop up all the parsley and add to the bowl with the oil and the lemon juice. Stir thoroughly.
Recipe published with permission from Candida Can Be Fun.