Try shopping made easy
30% OFF
your first grocery shop
+ FREE deliveries for 3 months

Use the grocery voucher below:

VOU8847937

Min. spend: £60 Max. reward: £25  

Order by: 25/09/19 Terms apply.

Voucher usage requires opt in to e-marketing from Ocado about ocado.com. Usage of service is not dependent on voucher redemption. Restrictions apply, please see Terms & Conditions.

Shearer Candles Pillar Church Candle Large

£15.00

andrex

Product information

This large ivory Church candle contains 10% beeswax and will burn for approximately 125 hours. Made by experience chandlers based in Glasgow, using traditional methods, this large candle measures 250mm x 80mm.


Country of Origin

United Kingdom


Ingredients

Contains beeswax. Not suitable for Vegans.


Categories

Ratings and reviews

2.3
1
0
0
1
2
4
Customers rated this product
25%
Customers would recommend this product

Customer reviews (4)

Sort by:
29 December 2018 by 
misleading

10% of beeswax in the candle can't be advertised as a beeswax candle! My friend is a beekeeper and his candles are bright yellow and smell of beeswax even when they're not lit. If you want a proper beeswax candle, look for them on Etsy. Although can be found on Amazon too.

Was this helpful? (1) (0)
17 December 2018 by 
Only 10% beeswax......very misleading.

The candle is described as beeswax but only contains 10%.....presumably the other 90%is paraffin wax? 

Was this helpful? (1) (0)
11 August 2014 by 
Very good value!

Very god value considering the quality! its made from beeswax, smells lovely as a result and burns slowly and evenly!

Was this helpful? (0) (2)
03 January 2012 by 
Overpriced

I purchased two of these and they both burnt much quicker than the 'approx 160 hrs'. Quite disappointing.

Was this helpful? (2) (0)
Review response

Dear Customer, We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your Shearer Candle. Our candles are put through a rigorous testing and development process and our pillars are designed to be burned on a suitable candle plate. To get the best results, we also recommend that candles are burned away from drafts, air conditioning, direct sunlight, or any other heat source. We also recommend that our candles are burned for three hours at a time to avoid tunnelling or dripping. Following these tips should avoid any unexpected results when burning your candle. If you would like any further information or advice on the use of our candles, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0141 445 1066 or 23 Robert Street Glasgow G51 3HB. Kind Regards, Shearer Candles.

Your rating and review

Disclaimer

This page serves as a summary for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label. Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website. You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included. This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.

We use cookies to give you the best experience with Ocado. Continue shopping if you’re happy, or find out how to manage your cookies