- High quality stainless steel with precision fine taper ground blade
- Full tang blade with unique 3 rivet handle detail in carbonised ash
- Geometric designed knife block made from carbonised ash wood
- Carbonised ash intensifies the colour of the block and knife handles
with a warm tone highlighting the accents of the woods grain.
- By carbonising the ash, throughout the heating process it extracts
water, therefore making the wood stronger.
- A real multi-purpose knife that cuts, slices and trims meats, vegetables and sandwiches.
With the natural texture of the carbonised ash wood grain and sharp angular form, we've captured the classic simplicity and warmth of Scandi design. Exceptional quality products that work beautifully to enrich everyday life. The desire for Scandinavian styling in the kitchen is evermore present, showcasing quality craftsmanship and natural products that make a statement piece on your kitchen work top. Richardson Sheffield has introduced Scandi that will fit in to many contemporary and modern styled kitchens. Blending two textures of natural wood and MoV premium quality steel into this classic ergonomic design is the perfect match to add to any chefs knife collection. Crafted from carbonised ash, an advanced process which not only gives the wood a more intense colour, but fully penetrates the wood making it 28% stronger and more resistant to water. Natural wood also highlights an additional feature of antibacterial properties which is essential in the professional kitchen.
Expertly engineered, the blade tapers from the spine to the cutting edge for effortless precision cutting, greater stability and durability. Chefs desire performance in the blade which the Scandi range has in abundance with X50CrMoV15 uses the moderately high carbon content of 0.50% to develop a high hardness martensitic microstructure. The higher chromium plus small molybdenum addition gives a greater corrosion resistance than standard martensitic grades. Vanadium allows higher tempering temperatures to be used and gives greater toughness.